Most Frequently Asked
Complement Local Facilities
In 2011, registered voters in the City of Idaho Falls elected to create an Auditorium District for the direct purpose of constructing and maintaining a multi-purpose event center that will deliver multiple benefits to our community.
The goal was to create a venue that would attract new business and visitors to the community while enhancing the quality of life in the region. They originally envisioned a facility with a sports team as an anchor tenant. The Event Center would include ice capability sufficient for hockey and the flexibility to serve as a convention/conference center, host trade shows, regional sport championships, concerts, entertainment and graduations. The intention was to attract events not currently accommodated in the region that would complement local facilities.
General Timeline of Readiness Activities
- Bateman-Hall Hogan hired as Construction Manager/General Contractor.
- Hunden Strategic Partners contracted to perform the Transient Room Tax Revenue study
- Plan of Finance presented by Laura Lewis, Lewis Young Burningham and Robertson
- Fundraising Feasibility Study completed by Pathway Associates
- Executive Director Chip Scott joins the IFAD in January 2018
No. The taxes paid by tourists (Transient Room Tax-TRT) support the cost of the event center. Idaho resident taxes will not be used to support the project.
- An MOU with Centennial Management is currently in place. It provides assurance of the long-term viability of the new event center with professional management and deep experience running an events center.
- A revised business plan is complete as of Summer 2018.
- A new feasibility study is complete as of Summer 2018.
Net Income $.26M
Shovels in the ground are planned for August 2019. It will take approximately 14-16 months to build.
- Construction workforce up to 650
- 60 full- and part-time operational staff
- $2.5 million in revenue at local hotels, restaurants, gas stations etc. per year
- Attract the workforce required to support Idaho Fall’s growing tech community
- Promote social and cultural development in local communities
Capacity to seat 4,000 – 6,000 allowing for more dynamic entertainment options, recreational and commercial experiences.
Concerts, sports like amateur hockey, conventions and meetings. Disney on Ice, concerts and events now skipping over Idaho Falls.
Yes. There will be many options for space usage within the center.